Putting all the layer styles on the main key frames before I start animating everything here. The background areas won't really be animated, and anything that will be animated will be filled white, allowing me to put the styles on top of the rendered video.. on top of the backgrounds I've finished and.. Boom. :D
Layer by Layer
Saving each piece out layer by layer from photoshop. Because a fair few pieces aren't being animated, I can finish them off now allowing me to add the actual animated pieces over the top when they're done. Alpha channels for transparency and what not.
I've made them in a Video Sequence so I have a background to work with when I'm doing the perspective. Just so everything does tie in together.
After Effects: Stylin'
Piecing up the jig-saw in After Effects to add the layer styles, like mentioned in my previous post. This will be the base for colouring and adding life to my animation.
I'm using:
Gradient Overlay - For the Colours. Two tone effect isn't too little but adds just enough to work
Inner Shadow - With Linear Dodge. Used to add highlight tones to the colour.
Drop Shadow - More depth to contrast the Highlights.
1 - Window Panning
In this one the duvet, the pillow and the blind will animate. The duvet more then the other two just to show there's someone under there. The blind and the pillow will only move slightly just to be slightly.. alive. I guess.
2 - Getting Up
First view of the character emerging from his bed.. It's the opposite character. A lot of back and forth in my animation. Initial idea was to fade from the purple to blue to show the characters and how they link together, but I changed my miindd..
I love the depth on this duvet though.. But that's not the one I'm using! This is Teiiri's bit after all..
Laying down to sitting up...
3 - Feet on the Floor [part 1]
Finish off this one tomorrow.. Needs to walk and stand by the door but.. Tomorrow, tomorrow.
WIP and finished Styles.. Keiiri's legs!
That'll be all today~ More tomorrow most likely. :)
Watch this Space~








No comments:
Post a Comment